Community Gardens Program
We provide ongoing support and resources to more than 25 community gardens throughout Salt Lake County. Twelve of these gardens are overseen by Wasatch Community Gardens, while the rest are overseen by other organizations, agencies, schools, and neighborhood groups that partner with us through the Wasatch Community Gardens Network. We also host the Sharing Backyards program, which connects private property owners with people looking for garden space.
To Join a Community Garden*:
- Participating in a community garden is different from gardening at home, so determine if it's right for you. Community gardeners are required to contribute 6 volunteer hours in the garden in addition to time spent in their own plots; to attend spring and fall garden meetings; and to participate in overall garden management decisions throughout the year.
- Find a community garden near you. If there isn't one, consider starting a garden or check out Sharing Backyards.
- Read WCG's Garden Policies for our gardens. Some gardens may have additional requirements.
- Fill out an Online Plot Application or contact us and we will mail you an application.
- If our gardens are full, learn about how our waitlist works.
*For gardens in our Network that are not directly overseen by Wasatch Community Gardens, please visit the list of gardens in our Network and contact the garden directly.
If you have additional questions about our Community Gardens Program, please email Susan or call 801-359-2658 x12.