Community Gardens Program
We provides ongoing support and resources to 31 community gardens throughout Salt Lake County. Twelve of these gardens are overseen by Wasatch Community Gardens, while 19 are overseen by other organizations, agencies, schools, and neighborhood groups that partner with us through the Wasatch Community Gardens Network.
To Join a Community Garden*:
- Participating in a community garden is different than gardening at home, so determine if it's right for you.
- Find a community garden near you. If there isn't one, consider starting a garden!
- Read WCG's Garden Policies for our gardens. Some gardens may have additional requirements.
- Fill out an Online Plot Application or contact us and we will mail you an application.
- If our gardens are full, learn about how our waitlist works.
*For gardens in our Network that are not directly overseen by Wasatch Community Gardens, please visit the list of gardens in our Network and contact the garden directly.
If you have additional questions about our Community Gardens Program, please email Susan Finlayson or call 801-359-2658 x12.