The Wasatch Community Gardens Network
To support the growth and sustainability of community gardens in Salt Lake County through leadership development, education, networking and access to resources.
The Wasatch Community Gardens Network currently serves more than 20 community gardens throughout Salt Lake County.
We support community gardens that…
- Have a mission that furthers Wasatch Community Gardens’ mission to empower people of all ages and incomes to grow and eat healthy, organic, local food.
- Are committed to organic and sustainable gardening.
- Engage the broader community.
- Strive for inclusion and democratic governance.
What We Provide:
- Garden leadership development
- Access to free or discounted materials (plants, seeds, etc.), as available
- Networking opportunities
- Staff consultation
- Free access for community gardeners to our standard-fee organic gardening workshops.
- Mini-Grants for new gardens, as available.
- Tool Library Loans
- Garden Signage
- Volunteer Recognition
How to Join:
- A current member of the garden must complete our 9-week leadership training Growing Community Gardens (offered yearly, Jan-Mar), and agree to serve as the liaison between your garden and the Wasatch Community Gardens Network.
- Your garden liaison submits an annual partnership reapplication, 1-2 additional updates throughout the year, and helps facilitate delivery of services to your community garden.
- The garden liaison also helps to ensure that the garden meets Wasatch Community Gardens Network standards, including use of organic gardening methods, positive community engagement, and signage.
For inquiries about the Wasatch Community Gardens Network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-359-2658 x12.