Wasatch Community Gardens’ field trips are designed to meet the standards and objectives of the Utah State Core Curriculum for grades K-6, focusing on science and nutrition through a hands-on experience in our Campus gardens in Central City. Each field trip includes a garden tour, healthy snack (due to COVID-19, this is subject to change), and seasonal grade level-specific activity led by our experienced youth educators.
AGE & GROUP SIZE
Kindergarten field trips are limited to 25 students and are 90 minutes long. 1 adult is required for every 5 students.
1st-6th grade field trips are limited to 35 students and are 120 minutes long. 1 adult is required for every 10 students.
Please note that if your group is larger than the limits above, you will need to book two field trip sessions. Additional adult chaperones are welcome to join.
- February 7: Priority registration for Spring session opens for Title I schools
- February 22: Registration for Spring session opens for all schools
- April 4 - May 27: Field trips available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the morning (9:00am-11:00am) or afternoon (12:00pm-2:00pm)
- August 1: Priority registration for Fall session opens for Title I schools
- August 8: Registration for Fall session opens for all schools
- September 6 - November 4: Field trips available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the morning (9:00am-11:00am) or afternoon (12:00pm-2:00pm)
Field trips are free for public schools in Salt Lake County. Title 1 schools are eligible for a $100 bus reimbursement. There are a limited number of reimbursements available. Please indicate in your request if you are seeking reimbursement for this expense.
There is a $60 flat fee per group for private and charter schools.
REQUEST A FIELD TRIP
Submit the request form below to request a field trip. Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee or confirm your trip. We will follow up to confirm your group’s trip directly.