What Does Your Gift Support?
When you give to Wasatch Community Gardens’ education and community garden programs, you help empower more than 9,000 youth and adults in our community annually to grow and eat healthy, local, organic food.
WCG relies on support from individuals, businesses, foundations, and government entities to execute our gardening and education programs. Thank you for helping to make our programs and services possible!
Other Ways to Give
Give Through Your Workplace
Each year, billions of dollars are donated to charities nationwide through workplace giving campaigns. Workplace giving is an easy and efficient way to make tax-deductible donations to charities through payroll contributions.
Ask your employer how you can sign up to give to WCG through payroll deductions, and don’t forget to ask if they match your charitable giving!
WCG participates in the following Workplace Giving Campaigns:
- Combined Federal Campaign: Federal employees may designate Wasatch Community Gardens as their charity of choice using code #32699.
- Community Shares Utah: Employees of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, University of Utah, and more than 45 other local businesses can give to Wasatch Community Gardens through these workplace giving programs. Encourage your employer to sign up with Community Shares Utah today!
- Utah State Employees' Charitable Fund Campaign: State employees may designate Wasatch Community Gardens as their charity of choice using code #7708.
Give An Endowment Gift Or Stock Donation
Annual gifts from our individual, foundation, and corporate supporters make our daily work possible - from staffing our programs and running our office to paying for the water and soil to make our community gardens grow. But as we look ahead to the future, we must also raise funds to support the long-term sustainability of our organization and programs.
If you are interested in making a meaningful gift to help sustain WCG now and into the future, please consider the following:
Donate to our Endowment Fund
We have an Endowment Fund with the Community Foundation of Utah. A gift to our Endowment Fund represents an investment in the health of our community, both the land and the people. All gifts to the endowment are invested in a socially responsible fund, reflecting the core values of our organization and its mission to empower people of all ages and incomes to grow and eat healthy, organic, local food.
To learn more about how you can support WCG through our Endowment Fund, please visit the Community Foundation of Utah.
Make a Planned Gift
Planned giving is a tool that can enhance your financial plans and security while helping WCG provide gardening opportunities and education to current and future generations.
Some forms of planned giving include giving through your retirement plan; making a bequest in your will; donating a life insurance policy; or giving through a donor advised fund, charitable annuity, or charitable trust. Your financial advisor or attorney can help you choose the right planned gift for you and your family.
Make a Gift of Stock
Make a gift of stock to WCG, and you may be able to avoid paying capital gains tax on the difference between the securities original cost and the current, fair market value. Contact us for more information.
Give While You Shop
Support Us While Shopping at AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop online, at no extra cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the same prices, selection, and shopping experience that you would find on Amazon, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
To get started, go to smile.amazon.com and select Wasatch Community Gardens as your charity. Do your shopping, and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to Wasatch Community Gardens and our community garden and education programs!
Most of the products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. Eligible products are marked as “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages.
Support Us While Shopping at Smith's
If you shop at Smith’s, you can help us raise up to $10,000 this year! All you have to do is link your Rewards Card to Wasatch Community Gardens, then use your card every time you shop. Smith's will pay over $1 million this year to participating organizations based on their percentage of the total spending of all participating Smith’s Community Rewards organizations.
Follow these steps to link your card to Wasatch Community Gardens:
- If you don't have a Smith's Rewards Card, pick one up at the customer service desk at any Smith's store.
- Go to www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/topic/community-rewards-3
- Assuming you are a new online customer, click on "Create an account" box.
- Sign up for a Smith’s Rewards Account by entering your email address and creating a password, entering your zip code, clicking on favorite store, and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will be sent an email to your inbox; click on the link within the body of the email. Can’t find the email? Check your spam/junk file.
- Click on “My Account” and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on "Edit Smith’s Community Rewards" information and input your Smith’s Rewards Card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter "Wasatch Community Gardens" and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, look to see that your organization’s name appears on the right side of your information page.
- Within 7-10 business days, purchases made using the linked Rewards Cards will support WCG!
- There is no cost for you to enroll, and enrollment does not affect your fuel points or coupon discounts.
- Every time you shop at Smith's, remember to swipe your Rewards Card (or, if you forget your card, you can use the phone number that is associated with your account).
Give To The CityGarden Capital Campaign
Give By Sponsoring An Event Or Program
Sponsoring a Wasatch Community Gardens’ program or event is a wonderful way for a business or individual to demonstrate its support for our gardening and education programs, while receiving great benefits and visibility in return. Sponsorships can be cash or in-kind.
Here is a list of our 2015 sponsorship opportunities and corresponding benefits. 2016 sponsorship opportunities will be added soon.
- Plant Sale
- Urban Garden & Farm Tour
- Tomato Days & Tomato Sandwich Party
- Community Education
- Youth Program